WATCH ME ON YOUTUBE

Loading...

Saturday, April 16, 2011

OPI Review: Katy Perry and Shattered

I could not wait to get the new Katy Perry OPI nail polish. After searching around, I finally found some...an hour away while I was at the mall. I found it in the JC Penny's salon. They were buy one get one half off at the time too...so I got not only Shattered (which was like a "duh I'm getting it!") but I also got Teenage Dream. I couldn't wait to try them out, and after having the polishes for a few weeks, I am finally ready to write an honest and complete review on them.

I've been starting my nail painting routine by applying Nutra Nail to strengthen them and help them grow. I have no idea where I got this, but it's been helping a lot!



It's good as just a plain coat too because it's glossy.


At first, I wasn't sure if I wanted to buy this. Most of the time, you see really glittery nail polishes, and then when you try them out there is barely any glitter..but not with this polish! It's jam packed with glitter each swipe of polish. Even with one swipe, your nail is pink tinted, glittery, and glossy.


I've been waiting so long to try this! Now they are coming out with one colored silver. This one is colored black...so the silver you see on the handle of the bottle would be the background color. Whatever color you put on first (this time it's the Teenage Dream) would be where the silver is...does that make sense? China Glaze is also coming out with something like this in different colors called "Cracked" I believe...and right now at Sally Beauty all nail polish is buy 2 get one free! They didn't have the Cracked at my Sally Beauty :(


OK, so this is a little out of order...but anyhoo..this is after three coats of the Teenage Dream. You need a few coats to get a solid color look.


OK, so now time for the Shattered. Apply only one coat after the first nail polish is COMPLETELY dry. My friend Amanda was with me at the mall when we got the polish and we got some for our friend Astraea who has been dying to try it too. After I looked at their's and mine in comparison..I think I noticed that the polish looks better on OPI polish. It didn't work as well on their nail polishes. Have you tried it on other brands? Did it work out?



It's starting to shatter!


This was the finished look BEFORE I cleaned up the edges of my fingers...but after a clear coat. The clear coat is key because otherwise the shattered looks like of rough. I love this polish! Both of them! I can't wait to try the shattered with other colors! OPI can be a bit spendy, so compare prices when shopping for it and check out eBay too. I can't wait to try out the China Glaze polish and do a comparison post. Shattered vs. Cracked!



XOXO


Emilea

No comments:

Post a Comment