WATCH ME ON YOUTUBE

Loading...

Friday, January 14, 2011

HELP! I look like a hobo! What do I do?!

Well, first of all, looking like a hobo can be "in" sometimes. But, if you still aren't convinced that your outfit is looking it's best, I have some tips for you. I've created these for myself, because this has been happening to me a lot lately, where I feel like I'm not dressed up that well, or "look like a hobo". These are quick and simple tips that don't cost you your left arm and can be put into an outfit quickly, for those days where you just need a quick, cute outfit! Let's get started!

1. Belts
Dress up your simple outfit of jeans and a t-shirt by adding a belt. It could be one with a cute buckle, or with cool designs on it. Like these....





This will give you the look that you have a simple outfit because of the "cool level" of your belt. You don't want too many things going on, so if you have a "crazy" looking belt and the rest of your outfit is simple, like converse and a plain t-shirt, it will look like you planned it!

2. Layer it!
Add layers. This is something I have done a lot with my outfits in the past. Layer a little cover-up vest(whats the official name?!) under a coat or cardigan. You could also layer shirts. This will give you a cool "dressed up" feel. Or just the feel of being "in style"! Layers have been "in" for so long now!

They are called "loose cardigans" :)


3. Scarves
Add a pop of color with a cool scarf, or a ruffly one. Keep the rest simpler, going off of the same concept of our belt theme.







I hope these tips helped someone out there! All the scarves excluding the chain link one and the two brown belts(not the one with peace signs) were found at http://www.forever21.com ! The others were just on google images :)

xoxo

Emilea-a "fashionista" even if dressed like a hobo ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment