WATCH ME ON YOUTUBE

Loading...

Sunday, January 30, 2011

What Were We Thinking?-A Blog Post About Trends

I've been wanting to do a post discussing how we, the people of the World, come up with these weird trends. We have worn almost EVERYTHING. From bandannas on ankles, to only wearing 1 earring. I really wanted to do a post like this after I saw a commercial, I guess making fun of trends. It was about dying your eyebrows crazy colors...have you seen it? Well, if you haven't, here it is:
The funny thing is, is that my mom thought it was real. I had to explain to her that it was a joke. But, what if one day, it isn't a joke? I mean, back in the day, people probably would've thought it was a joke to add in colorful highlights to your actual hair.

Where do we come up with this, and what makes us want to wear it? Align Center

Of course after a trend catches on, we all want to wear it. We want to fit in, but who actually comes up with this, and what makes them like this crazy look?
Well, I don't have an answer, I'm sad to say. All I can think of is that people probably get the idea from TV or a Magazine, who was wearing something from a designer who had a crazy idea. There's always been trends...but they seem to get crazier and crazier...here is a look back...
The 50's



The 80's



Trends Still Seen Today-New And Old








What will be next?

xoxo

Emilea

P.S.

I didn't take ANY pictures during my sister's baby shower :( I wish I had, but I was busy running around. I had a lot of fun though! Unfortunately I didn't really film anything either:(

No comments:

Post a Comment