WATCH ME ON YOUTUBE

Loading...

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Interior Fashion: Window Part 1

So I'm not completely finished with this project yet, but I'm so excited with it, that I wanted to do this post! Although school is finished for the year now, when I was still in school, I was taking interior design. For that class at the end of the year, we had to do a "project of choice", like refurbishing something. I chose to refurbish an old window into a piece of decor. I got my window from a giant wearhouse that has tons of stuff from old houses. I wanted my window to be destressed, antiquey and kind of "shabby chic" looking for when I redecorate my room. I chose a black and white colored theme for it, mixing destressed and glamorous styles. So, here are some pictures of my journey so far...


Step 1:


Sand and Clean




Step 2:

Glue In Mirror Pieces to One Pane






Step 3:


Tape For Glazing (it is important to glaze or wet sand and re-paint old pieces incase of lead paint)






Step 4:


Add the Rest Of The Accessories!






In a follow-up post, I will add more detailed pictures and will have pictures placed in the two empty panes. I know this is short and sweet...but that's just the way I role! ;)



XOXO


EMILEA

No comments:

Post a Comment